Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hope

It wasn't that there was something chasing her. It was more that she felt the strong need to get somewhere. She was running toward something. There was something calling her. There was somewhere she needed to be. But she couldn't see where it was. It was dark all around her. She didn't know which way to go. She looked and looked but had no idea. But it seemed that her feet knew where to go. It's like her feet weren't attached to her body. Because her brain had no idea what her feet were doing. Her brain could do nothing but follow the feet and fight to keep the darkness out. She was running with all her might. Running to reach a goal, to find the light, to get out of the dark. One of those. She wasn't sure. Her mind tried its best to stay clear. If she let the shadows creep in, they would invade her mind. They would make her forget the goal. To get out of the darkness. To get to where she could see. Oh to see clearly. But the shadows made her forget what was important. So her mind focused on getting through. Getting to the place of clear thoughts. To the place of purpose. Getting out of the uncertainty of the dark. As her feet rounded a corner, she saw light. She felt hope! And as she began to believe in something, she forgot about her fears. She saw the goal! She felt the dream! Oh the end was in sight! And the darkness lost its power over her. The darkness faded away from her as she reached the light. She stepped out into the light, and I have never felt more free.

My Savior, Jesus Christ, died to set me free from my sin. He died to help me overcome my fears. The darkness and evil of this world no longer has a hold on me. He has paid the price for me. Bore my punishment. And I am set free. I have seen the light. And there is nothing more beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. girl you've got talent. can't wait to see you again love, hope it's soon(:

    ReplyDelete