Monday, January 11, 2010

Love Letters

My darling, autumn is just a season. But it reminds me that you're gone. You're gone and I'm still here. And as the falling leaves drift by my window, they remind me of how lost I am without you. I imagine you in my head. You are etched into my memory. And I see you're perfect smile in those falling leaves of red and gold. And dear, since you went away, the days grow oh so long. But soon I'll hear old winter's song. And I will miss you then too. And when spring and summer come around, here I'll be, again wishing you were here with me. I'll see your lips the summer kisses. I'll remember the sunburned hands I used to hold. Oh but darling, I miss you most of all when autumn leaves start to fall.



My dear, you must know that I'm here. You're in my heart and mine in yours. My wish for you, my darling, is there'd be no more crying. Oh sweet, do remember that the sun shines for you and because of you! To you, I would give the world! And oh I know that when I'm finally with you, it'll be alright again. Just like a play, my dear. It's all going to come together. And the songbirds keep singing like they know the score. Oh the score to our lovely story! And I love you.... like never before.



These letters are based on two songs, "Autumn Leaves," and "Songbird" sung by Eva Cassidy. I just decided to write the beautiful lyrics down and write two corresponding letters around them. I've been wanting to do this because I think of good, old-fashioned love letters everytime I hear these songs. This was fun :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment