Monday, April 18, 2011

Dear Ana

I started writing in a journal for my sister, Ana, when my parents went to go get her in China. My mom thought it would be good for us to write about that time so she could read it later. Well, we all did, then I think everyone put the journal away after she got here. For some reason, I couldn't do that. I wanted to keep writing to her. Long story short, I'm still writing in this thing, and she's 8 yrs. old. I mostly use it now to write to her about lessons that I've learned in life. I tell her things that I wish I had known or remembered. I don't know when I'm going to give it to her yet. Just the right place at the right time. This is an entry that I wrote in one of the hardest times in my young life

 2/14/09
"Dear Ana,
Honey, when you're going through something hard, never forget to trust in God. You're gonna have it tough if you try to go it alone. He'll always be there for you. He loves you so much, and he'll always take care of you. God spent some time giving you your dark hair and eyes. He thought about your life, and planned everything. He knows where you'll be in 10 years, or tomorrow, or in the next 10 min. He loves you so much. Don't ever forget that. He also gave you people to help you. Your friends, parents, sisters :), and your brother. Whenever you're down, go to someone. Tell them your troubles. They're not gonna be burdened or annoyed. We're all here to help you. God put us in your life to help you. Be grateful for this stuff. Even in the midst of pain, remember everything He's done for you. I want you to live better than I do. I've made a mess of some things. And, hey, I'm not sayin I want you to be perfect, I just want you to try harder than I have. You'll mess up a bunch, and cry, and hurt, but in the end, I'm always here to listen to you, teach you, anything I can do for you! And God is the same way except a million times better! :) Never stray from Him, because He is an awesome God! You have a very good God.
-Rach"

No comments:

Post a Comment