Monday, April 11, 2011

Grey Skies

Personally, I like dreary days. They're emotional, like sad songs. I mean minus the frizzy hair, and the cold, they're my favorite. As I walk to class, I watch all the people around me. The different elements of the weather bring out different emotions in me...... The rain makes me think of all the people around me. It makes me wonder if they secretly cried themselves to sleep the night before. I wonder if they're really, actually happy to wear that hood today. Finally, hiding from the world is socially acceptable.... The wind makes me think of the people who wish they could really get swept away. Or maybe they wish they could fly with the wind, and be freed from all their troubles, for maybe just a second...... Does the thunder give them a sense of empowerment? Or does it remind them of a voice of control that has their life in a vice grip? Do they wonder about God or a higher power?....... Does the lightning remind them of anger or violence? Maybe personal experience? Does it make them afraid or does it make them feel safe because its all they've ever known?...... I think darkness, sad songs, and rain bring out way more feeling than sunlight, spring time, and upbeat music. I'm not saying that it's good to be sad, upset, scared, alone, or heartbroken. I just think it's a lot more emotional. You're much more inward, and its much easier to be consumed by those feelings. Maybe because we're naturally negative as humans, or maybe because we take happiness for granted and feel we are entitled to it. Or maybe we're just dramatic. Whatever the reason, I find it much more interesting to dive into feelings and emotions like that. It's deeper and more real. I know that people aren't what they show. I know everyone has hidden away secrets. It's fun, and probably creepy, to try and figure them out, or imagine what they are. I dont mind myself being that way........ Oh, and also, why do people say, "grey skies?" Isn't there only one sky? It just stretches across the whole earth, right? Yea, I think about that too. Haha, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment