Friday, April 8, 2011

Satan's deceit / God's promises

You know what's easy to do? Give up. Doesn't take much effort. You know those moments when you feel like you're all alone? Where you see no point in trying because you'll fail just like all the times before? It's those moments where we're so weak, that we trick ourselves into believing that giving up has more rewards than trying. What is the thing that pushes us off the edge? I believe it's different for everyone. For me, it's failure. I blame myself for everything that goes wrong. Some of it is, in fact, my fault. But most of it isn't. It's a funny way of thinking that I'm in control of my life. That God played no part. He's just sitting up there like Abe Lincoln in his chair, shakin his head at me. It begins with a terrible view of myself, which conjures up lies and deceit in my heart. That people look at me, and cant help but automatically see what I see. Failure. Disappointment. So then adds to my spiral downward, thinking no one likes me. So I rid them of the burden of me. Cut myself off. Cast me out. I end up alone again with my false view of me, life, people, and God. Then I try again, but the lies and fear always seem to creep in. I dont want to continue on. I want to stop all this before the lies become solid truth in the depths of my mind. So I would like to start by laying out the lies that Satan has ensnared me with, then recounting them with the loving truths and promises that my God frees me with.....

Lie #1: God doesn't forgive me.

Truth #1:
- Acts 13:38 "Therefore let it be known to you, brethren that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you"
- Romans 8:1 "Therefore there is now no condemantion for those who are in Christ Jesus"

Lie #2: I'm alone.

Truth #2:
-Deuteronomy 31:6: "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you He will not fail you or forsake you."
-2 Corinthians 4:9: "persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed"
-Psalm 16:10: "For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol; nor will you allow your HOLY ONE to undergo decay"

Lie #3: I can't take part in this Christian life because I am not good enough.

Truth #3:
-Romans 5:20: The Law came in so that the trangression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more.
-2 Corinthians 12:9: "And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.'"
-Romans 3:23-24: "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and are being justified by His grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus"

I think the beginning of starting anew will be praying and asking God (who never leaves me!) to strengthen me and help me begin again. It will be quite tough to throw out those lies that have been instilled in me so deeply. But, I believe that living in accordance to Scripture is a good way to start! Learning more of Jesus, his character, his sovreignty, and his word will help me combat Satan's lies by Jesus' promises! What a great new project for me. Perhaps the most important one, thus far. Oh it will be so difficult, but I know that He is with me, and if I ask Him, he will live in me and through me. Oh to be more like him! That is the quest and purpose of my life. "Let me always be found on a mission about my Father's business!"..... Thanks guys,

Rach.

1 comment:

  1. Preach it, sister! This is where we all need to be...identifying Satan's lies and combating them with the truth of Scripture. What freedom, peace, and joy we have when we rest in who God declares us to be! I love you and you inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete