Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Confession

So it's confession time.....

Guys, I hardly ever read the bible. I basically read it when I go to church, then I go home and put it away. I've known for the longest time that this was really bad. That I needed to read and study The Word if I was going to grow at all. I pray and talk about Jesus a lot, but I don't read. So how can I expect to be learning more about Jesus? I know, that I would understand more about living for Jesus if I would read more. I know, I wouldn't be so confused and worried all the time, if I was reading about God's faithfulness every day. Before now, I've always said that it was hard to read because I got distracted easily and I had other things to do, and, frankly, it could be boring at times. But, this Sunday, we were reading Psalm 32 for the sermon, and I just couldn't get over how beautiful it was. Feelings of gratitude and joy at the words that I was reading overwhelmed me. I wondered to myself, "Why am I not doing this more often?!" I know I was having those feelings because God caused me to. He was right there, showing me his greatness. Why wouldn't I do all I can to constantly feel that? Why would I choose not to think of His greatness, His faithfulness, His kindness, His sacrifice? Gots to get on this....

No comments:

Post a Comment