Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's All Beautiful Cuz O' Him! :)

There's a low male voice singing in the hallway of my building, and it reminds me of my dad. My dad sings random songs at random moments. Sometimes they're real songs, but most of the time they're one-liner songs that he made up. The most recurring, famous one-liner he sings while doing things like loading the dishwasher, and to one in particular.... "Daddy's so cool, Daddy's so cool, Daddy's so cool, He's so cool...to... you." He also likes to destroy well-known songs like, "I just want to be a one-man band" or "All By Myself" in a loud, powerful (and i mean powerful), opera voice. Which brings on the, surely-asking for, eye-rolls from the family, and the usual quick, sarcastic jab from my mother like "Oh please, go be all by yourself".... We are all so different at home... Haha.

Whilst reminiscing, I am packing up my room here, thinking, reading blogs, and planning for the future. I keep having to remind myself that my first year of college is over. I keep not wanting to think about it, because it feels so dang weird. I guess when I was younger, I never thought about this part of my life. I always thought of the people in college as these independent, happy, free adults. I still feel like a twelve year old. There are many reason I could go into for that, but I don't need to. I guess it just feels strange to be considered "grown (if you ask the kids in our church neighborhood)." And yea, that's another thing I'm thinking about! I cannot wait to start interning for the summer!!! It's always the most rewarding time of the year, because I can't help but think about other people. Im able to forget all my "troubles." :)

I'm also planning for the future, which, in the past, hasn't been a good thing for me to take part in. Planning for the future before now has always come with a side affect of worrying and anxiety. Not right now tho! Right now, I'm living with this lovely peace from Jesus because I'm content in everything right now. I'm not trying to change what He has for me. I'm not trying to make my own life-plan. I'm just going with the flow, living in the present, praying about the future! It really is wonderful! And to help me live in the present more, I've decided that it would be a good idea for me to take a picture for every day. A picture of something happy, something interesting, something fun, whatever! It will just help me focus on the moment, and the beauty of the life I've been given! They will just be little phone pictures, until I can get hold of a better camera. But, hey! It's something! Can't wait to start!

Anyways, that's all for now, folks! Grace and peace, y'all, fo real!!! :)

1 comment: