Friday, June 17, 2011

Young love and teddy bears

My first kiss was from a boy in my kindegarten class named Anthony Quintana. I liked him and he liked me. He gave me a teddy bear before he moved away in first grade.

I still carry around that teddy bear which I named Anthony (i was six). I love the teddy bear, and see "him" as just a teddy bear. But, when my sisters see Anthony (the teddy bear), they see "him" as if there's a mystery behind him. It is quite amusing to watch them be so fascinated with my "love life" back in kindegarten. They ask me question after question about this mystery boy who kissed me first and liked me first and gave me a teddy bear. "What did he look like?" "Did he give you the bear before or after he kissed you?" "Were you sad when he moved away?" Were you happy or embarrassed when he moved back (he moved back in fourth grade)?"

To most of these questions, I answered that I didn't know, remember, or care really. Anthony was just a cute, little boy who gave me a cute, little teddy bear. We went to school together till graduation, but we never really crossed paths again. It's funny to think about though. It's funny that I can't remember what I was "feeling."

It makes me a hopeful that all the heartache and regret that I feel sometimes, will be mostly gone in a couple years from now. I'll remember what I felt, but the sting will be gone. In fact, I'll probably look back and smile because of the lesson learned, the support of the people I love, and God's great great sovreignty :)

So, thanks to Nina and Ana for reminding me that "This too shall pass" even in the minor example of my teddy bear and his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment