Sunday, August 7, 2011

Excited List

Ok, so, in general, I dont like college. I dont like the environment of NSU. I'm real apathetic about "the college experience." But, I'll go on and on about all that some other time. Because, right now, I feel the need to admit the things that I'm looking forward to. The things about school that are exciting to me.....

1) the fact that I'm driving myself to Natchitoches... :)

2) I love the feeling of moving stuff to a new place. Calling said new place "my own."  The shopping, packing, driving, unloading, situating, decorating.... im just so totally into it :D

3) I have a single with my best friend, CJ. So, not only do I have my own bedroom and bathroom, I'm sharing my living room and kitchen with someone that I, not only will actually talk to, but with my girl that I love so dearly! I cannot wait for falling asleep in each other's rooms, cleaning stuff, decorating together, laughter, Adult Swim and other weird shows that she gets me into, talks about EVERYTHING, crying together, eating ramen noodles and turkey sandwhiches when we're too tired to go to the caf, studying together, her encouraging me to think outside the box. Ahhhhh!!!!!  (This is what was supposed to happen last year. But, of course, it was still good. If everything hadn't messed up last year, I never would've met my new, awesome friend, Wendy Kussman. Still love her :) )

4)  Seeing people that I know again , which will get old quick (not my special, dear ones... Wendy, Cj, April.... obviously!), but we're focusing on the positives here. I do like seeing old faces again, and just having history with people is nice. Makes me feel like less of a recluse.

5) buying textbooks, making trips to the financial aid office, planning new routines (gosh, i love this)..... being busy, basically. Busy and productive! Love it :)

6) New classes, new teachers, new starts, clean slates, all A's (haha), being excited about music, and inspired by the geniuses around me :)

 
I have a lot to be thankful for! Pray that, Lord willing, everything goes smoothly with financial aid and room stuff, and that after the high of the new start wears off, I'll stick to my guns. That I'll keep my promise (that I always make at the beginning) that I'm gonna work hard on every assignment, never procrastinate, and study more than ever!! Also, pray that I can keep growing in the Lord, and make time to spend time with God as much as possible. That I wont make excuses that I'm tired or busy. That His Word will be more desirable than anything else, and that I wont lose myself in this worldly environment. That I'll stand for Him in everything that I do or say. I appreciate all who read this. I hope you had a wonderful summer, and an even greater fall :) Autumn is so beautiful! God is so great :)

God bless you, Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment