Sunday, January 15, 2012

Because

Love that Beatles song. Makes me want to do drugs. Secretly. Shhhh.

I had part of a Mo's Dark Bar. It's a dark chocolate bar with bacon in it. Just imagin it for a second........
There was, unfortunately, way more chocolate than bacon. You could barely taste the bacon. Sad stuff. It was still good tho. Lots of good dark chocolate with just a hint of salt. Still a treasure.

NCIS is the best show on television.

I have been itching to watch Juno for I don't know how long. If you know me, and you're slightly kind, you'll run right over to the * STO and bring it to me. If you're human, you'll realize the totally, sensible desperate need for this movie. (When have you ever heard those three adjectives together like that? If you weren't sure before, now you're certain we have to be best friends.)

I'm becoming more fashionable now. It's actually kindof fun. I go shopping about 2 % more than I used to, which was never, and I'm not hating it. I'm not scoffing at everything I see (well sometimes). As opposed to being cynical and laughing at all the new trends, I'm actually trying to develop a style of my own. I can almost understand why people spend any time thinking about fashion now. Almost.

Also, I really like accessories. I really like old-looking, tarnished gold or silver. Mostly gold. I don't like a lot of bright color. I saw the most amazing necklace in a store today. It was tarnished gold chains with some dark silver and black beads and lopsided loops. I just fell in love with it, but then I looked at the price. $ 18.00. Too bad. Was gonna just put it back. But my mom insisted on buying it for me. I put up a bit of a fight at first, but then, can you believe it, I condoned spending that much money on a necklace! I guess I've just never thought feeling special and stylish was worth it. She bought it for me and a pair of earrings to match, and I cannot wait to wear them.

I've never thought of clothes as anything more than things to cover my body. Matching clothes was just a hassle, so forget enjoying putting an outfit together or feeling pretty. It seems like I may be on my way to feeling proud of the way I look. I like feeling proud of my "style."

On a side note, the only color I hate more than orange, is yellow. The end.

*aka : store. Yes, I'm good enough for asterisk side notes.

3 comments:

  1. who puts footnotes in a blog? this girl.

    (reffering to you...not me)

    ps yellow is my favorite :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow. Seriously...you know I like me some mustard yellow. Precisely the yellow you hate the most.

    And we still love each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Casey, I'm so weird :P

    Cate, i actually love that you love mustard yellow. For some reason, it makes me happy that we're opposites sometimes :)

    Sorry dears, every color carries an emotion for me, and yellow just seems so shallow and altogether TOO happy! :P

    ReplyDelete